Sunday, January 3, 2010


Okay today I started my first DIY project...I'm making chair covers for my rod iron patio furniture. I purchased a year ago from a restaurant that went out of business. One had a ugly cushion and the others were void any cushions.

Supplies:
Vinyl
2" Foam
Spray Adhensive
4 2x2 pcs of plywood -
Tools:
Jigsaw
Staple gun
eye protection glasses-

Cost:
Lowe's 1st trip $36
JoAnne Fabric $36
Lowe's 2nd trip $108
Experience = Priceless

I found the vinyl a while back at Joanne's Fabric on a trip to Dallas for $5 a leaf pattern which I love. 75% off. SCORE! Today, another 50% off foam at none other then JoAnne's who knew it was so expensive even with the discount. Purchased a jigsaw. Cha ching....wanted the DeWalt! Now I'm $172 into my first project and I haven't even picked up a tool. I'm sure my projects will be a little costly at first while I collect the necessary tools and add to my minimal collection of tools. Typically I borrow from my neighbor he owns every possible tool you could imagine and has given me an open invitation, but there is something about owning your own tools...right?
Today's #1 Lesson preparation is king! Stay tune....pictures to follow.

No comments: